Bransden's at Laleham Farm

History

Home
Our Products
Environment and Conservation
History
Links
About Us
April 2013
July 2011
June 2011
May 2011
Recipes

laleham farm
tractor
A strange tractor

Mr & Mrs B E Bransden started contract work in the 1950's with a second hand tractor and a two furrow reversible plough. They did contract work for farmers in and around the home counties and over the next few years built up a large clientele, in the busier times employing students (one of whom became the family doctor until his retirement). One of the farmers they did contract work for was WJ Lavender of Laleham Farm who,after some years, decided to rent the farm to Mr Bransden and so the business started. There have been many changes over the years not least the crops grown from traditional market garden vegetables of lettuce, radish, spring onions and others in the early days to fresh cut herbs, Kohlrabi, Fennel and outdooor cut flowers now. Mr Bransden left to work for the gravel company who had bought the farm from Mr Lavender in 1977. Their son Charles joined in 1982 with new and fresh ideas and daughter Clare joined in 1987. Mr & Mrs Bransden retired to France in 1992 with Charles and Clare taking over the business. The company now employ two experienced tractor drivers along with up to 15 seasonal staff employed from April to November. The company has an open style of management with all employees actively encouraged to involve themselves in all aspects of the business. 

laleham farm
sonions
S.Onions ready for market 1970's

laleham farm
product in cold store
Produce ready for market in 2008